Students in New York
New York state is proposing new legislation that would require college transcripts to note when a student has been found responsible for sexual assault. The measure, which is currently only required in Virginia, would help put a stop to students being able to transfer schools without the new institution knowing about their past offenses.
The Huffington Post’s Tyler Kingkade reports that the proposed law is part of a package of campus sexual assault reform efforts announced earlier this week by Governor Andrew Cuomo and titled “Enough is Enough.” The bill, S5965, which you can read in full here, says that “crimes of violence, ” including sexual assault, have to be noted on a transcript:
For crimes of violence, including, but not limited to sexual violence, defined as crimes that meet the reporting requirements pursuant to the federal Clery Act established in 20 U.S.C. 1092(F)(1)(F)(I)(I)-(VIII), institutions shall make a notation on the transcript of students found responsible after a conduct process that they were “suspended after a finding of responsibility for a code of conduct violation” or “expelled after a finding of responsibility for a code of conduct violation.” For the respondent who withdraws from the institution while such conduct charges are pending, and declines to complete the disciplinary process, institutions shall make a notation on transcript of such students that they “withdrew with conduct charges pending.”
Kingkade has previously reported on the practice of students transferring away when faced with sexual assault allegations, sometimes with the active help and encouragement of their university. Under the legislation, a suspension could be removed from the transcript after one year, if the student appeals, but an expulsion would remain forever.
New York has committed $10 million to address campus sexual assault: $4.5 million to rape crisis centers, $4.5 million to the State Police to create a sexual assault victims unit, and $1 million that will go to colleges and universities. They’re also going to require that “first responders” — meaning campus authorities or medical providers — have to notify rape survivors of their right to contact “outside law enforcement, ” instead of or in addition to a campus disciplinary process.
- For additional local website design kenya visit webhostkenya.
- For additional local best air purifier visit airpurifierworld.
- elektronik sigara http://www.seninsigaran.com/ joyetech e-sigara
- Trying to find cnc china t-artisan ? Check out this page: http://t-artisan.com
- If you are not interested in List Broker , then you have already missed a lot.
- The professional company dbzdress provides all the information on battery case.
- If you are not interested in slot betting , then you have already missed a lot.
- A website like http://all4home24.co.uk will provide you with the highest quality in the industry.
- In case you're interested in knowing more info on Business Opportunity, stop by http://businessopportunity.com
- Are you looking for "sahara desert tours"? Check out thrillofmorocco The passionate experts in this field are ready to answer all of your requests.
- Are you looking for "scrap metal prices"? Check out scrapmetalpricesperpound The passionate experts in this field are ready to answer all of your requests.
- Are you looking for "Marine Hull and Machinery Insurance (H&M"? Check out blpan The passionate experts in this field are ready to answer all of your requests.
- Ever want to ask professionals for free advice on topics such as dieting and weight loss, general fitness tips, steroid and other supplement usage? steroids forums Sign up for free today or just browse or informational site to find true motivation and tips on how to better your life here and now and into the future!
- Middle ages Days will organize a spectacular school workshop where the pupils will be able to tough and hold a vast amount of museum quality artefacts. They can try on medieval costumes and engage in remarkable activites. We can provide a School History Visit to any main or secondary school in the UK. The student will attempt spinning wool, making hammered coins, brass rubbings, having fun with old toys, and writing with a real feather pen. We will bring that "wow" element to your session!
You might also like
Teaching Student-Centered Mathematics: Developmentally Appropriate Instruction for Grades Pre-K-2 (Volume I) (2nd Edition) (New 2013 Curriculum & Instruction Titles)
Grades: Student Organizer
Mobile Application (Android Infinity Software)
12 PCS O.R PREMIUM GRADE MEDICAL STUDENT BASIC COMPREHENSIVE SUTURE LACERATION REMOVAL FORCEPS HEMOSTAT SCISSORS INSTRUMENTS SET KIT WITH SCALPEL BLADES #21
BISS (KJ INSTRUMENTS)